Return to Campus Fact Sheet
FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY
Students taking classes in person are required to stay in Nashville until the Thanksgiving break. Any student with an urgent need to travel must get approval from the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs before making any plans. If approved to travel, per current VU policy, the student will be required to stay away from campus for 14 days after returning to Nashville.
For the most up-to-date information for graduate and professional students, please visit the VU Return to Campus page for graduate and professional students.
Below are some links that will help you navigate the upcoming academic year in the midst of the pandemic. We will update as we get further or new information. To read the letter to the community on return to campus, published on June 16, 2020, visit here.
The entering class has been notified that their registration appointment is Friday, August 21, 2020 from 9am to 4pm.
All returning students were notified by Dean Judge on July 16th that any adjustments to their schedule will be made through his office; this enables him to can monitor the social distancing protocol and the ration of remote to in-person.
Dean Judge anticipates receiving the report regarding the declaration of remote to in-person early next week. He will meet with Marie McEntire and Heather Lee on Monday, July 20th to resolve issues with the enrollment figures and the room assignments.
- Link to Registration: https://registrar.vanderbilt.edu/registration/index.php
- University: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/faqs/classroom-protocols-2/
- VDS: see attached
University Counseling Center (UCC)
Student Health Services
- Under: Fall 2020 - Campus Life and Housing: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/fall-2020/fall-2020-graduate-and-professional-students/#item2287
- Document references from Monday, July 20, 2020 post to faculty, staff, and students from Dean Townes.
General University information that guides VDS
- Return to Campus website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/
- Return to Campus FAQs: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/faq/
- Graduate and Professional Students Return to Campus: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/fall-2020/fall-2020-graduate-and-professional-students/
- July 2, 2020 Vanderbilt Phase 2 of Return to Campus remains in place: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/2020/07/02/july-2-2020-vanderbilt-phase-2-of-return-to-campus-plan-remains-in-place-as-nashville-reverts-to-prior-phase/
Please do not hesitate to be in touch with Deans Cheifetz, Judge, Armour, Steele, or Townes if you have questions.