You've Been Accepted! Now What?
The Office of Admissions, Vocation, and Stewardship is so excited to welcome you to the Vanderbilt Divinity School community! On this page, you will find information about steps you can take before you step onto campus for Orientation.
Things to do Immediately:
- Accept your offer: Log on to your application portal to accept and pay your matriculation deposit.
- Complete your FAFSA if you are seeking federal financial aid. Indicate that you would like your FAFSA sent to Vanderbilt University (there is no specific option for Vanderbilt Divinity School).
- Come visit us! Join us for Admitted Students Day on March 13th and 14th. Check your email for your invitation! You can also organize an individual visit to fit your schedule here. Want to learn more from the comfort of home? Check out upcoming webinars or past recordings.
- Put Orientation on your calendar! Orientation is required of all entering students and will take place on August 20th, 21st, and 24th.
- Check out the Admissions FAQ page for answers to many common questions.
February - May
- Pre-Matriculation Paperwork: Check your email for information about pre-matriculation paperwork and complete all items, including immunization records and background check.
- Check out our resources on external scholarships here.
- Connect with a current students! Looking for a student perspective? Have questions about life at VDS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to connect you.
- Send final transcripts if you have not already. Transcripts should be sent to:
Center for Data Management
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7833
May - July
- Receive your Vanderbilt online login information by email. You will need to do this before completing several of the steps below.
- Complete the Brightspace Orientation module, including the timed writing assessment.
- Set up bill pay in your YES portal. You can read FAQs and contact Student Accounts here.
- Submit your health insurance waiver if you intend to do so. Instructions will be sent by email and additional information about health insurance can be found here.
- Create your Back2Grad account to submit questions for the Office of Admissions, receive matriculation and orientation updates, chat with other incoming students, and use the housing finder tools.
- Start thinking about and looking for housing in Nashville. Check out our housing and transportation page to get started.
- Check out HireADore and VDS job postings for on and off campus job listings. If you are interested in work study positions with a specific area on campus, we encourage you to reach out to them directly about openings for the 2020-2021 year.
- Reach out to Lillian Lammers, Director of Stewardship and Vocational Planning, for help with budget planning. Keep an eye on your email for information about her August Money Mindfulness retreat! Limited spots available!
- You will register for classes during Orientation in August, but you can view projected course offerings for 2020-2021 at the first link on this page.
- Make sure all paperwork has been completed and submitted.
- Attend Orientation! Orientation is required for all entering students.
At Orientation, you will:
Register for classes
Meet your adviser
Get your Commodore Card
Learn about life at VDS
- Start classes on August 26th!